Stress Management Counselling Glasgow
“What is this life if, full of care,We have no time to stand and stare.”
William Henry Davies
What is Stress?
Everyone experiences stress. It describes our response to the demands made on us by our environment.
What may be stressful to you may be no trouble to someone else, and vice versa. We all need a certain amount of stress to spur us on. However, too many demands which tax our ability to cope can cause us to feel stressed, and this may have an adverse affect on both our physical and mental health. It can also take its toll on our relationships, productivity at work, and quality of life.
If you are feeling stressed, it can have an impact on you physically, emotionally, behaviourally and cognitively. You may experience several symptoms.
What Causes Stress?
It can be useful to break down the causes of stress into external and internal factors. Some external factors may include the death of a loved one, money problems, relationship problems, going on holiday, Christmas, work related problems, such as being sacked, moving home, personal injury and illness, and being in trouble with the law.
Internal causes may include a lack of assertiveness, a tendency towards being a perfectionist, a lack of optimism, how you perceive events and how you talk to yourself, and also having unrealistic expectations.
How can Stress Counselling Help You?
- A chance to explore the underlying causes of your stress
- Examine the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to your stress
- Gain self-understanding and insight, including identifying your stress triggers
- Develop strategies to help you manage stress better, both now and in the future
- Learn tools and techniques to help you relax, such as progressive muscle relaxation and controlled breathing
Call me now on 07970 860 711 to:
- Book your first appointment,
- Ask questions about stress management, or
- Schedule a free 15 minute telephone consultation.
Alternatively, fill in the form below for a call back from me.
For information on my location in Glasgow check out the contact page.